Thursday, January 1, 2009

Encouraging Words

Encouragement is always a good thing.

I recently shared with Joyce, a long-time friend, that Jill, a mutual friend of ours was the reason I went back to college 12 years ago, and am now working with the elderly as a social worker.

Realizing how Jill’s supportive comments had impacted my decision, I wrote her a note on Facebook to tell her so.

I told Jill how, as we talked during the course of a New York subway ride, the idea of my returning to college moved from an unfulfilled dream to a real possibility in my thinking. All because of her encouragement.

It was one of those serendipitous moments, and I wanted to thank her for her encouragement.

Let me encourage you to find ways to be an encouragement to someone in 2009!


PS You can check out my profile on Facebook.

No comments: